Without designing proper objectives on paper, success rate of any educational program is minute. In the case of adult education in agriculture, the responsibly of extension officer or adult education agent increases manifolds. This is because of the reason that it is somewhat tricky and slightly difficult to teach adults than the children due to less accepting attitude and lack of interest in learning and adopting new technologies and innovations. In the light of this, the objectives of adult education in agriculture are needed to be based on specific needs or precisely should be based to address demand driven problems.
Before going to deliver adult education, extension officer should equip himself with the demands and solutions of the farmers in the targeted area, so that objectives of adult education in agriculture are addressed optimally.
Below is the list of 9 important objectives of adult education in agriculture that should be given due importance while designing any adult education program for farmers.
- First and foremost objective of adult education is to convince and encourage them to adopt new and improved technology in farming operations. The communication skills and convincing power of adult education expert is of utmost importance here.
- Develop abilities in the farmers that can enhance their managerial skills so that farming is turned from ‘just farming’ to successful business.
- Teach them such techniques that increase their abilities to make farm a better living place.
- Adult education program should be up to date and provide farmers with latest and innovative farming techniques and information.
- Democracy is vital in making any business of life successful. Adult education program should develop awareness of the value of democracy to farmers.
- The program should develop and maintain favorable social environment in the farming community.
- Increase the farmer’s interest in farming by incorporating such knowledge and understanding about care, well being and physical fitness on the farm.
- The program of adult education should use such tools that are easy to understand for farming community.
- The adult education program should be designed and deliver in local language of the targeted area. This will increase the overall efficiency of the program.
Cite this Article in APA Style as:
[box type=”note” align=”aligncenter” ] Rahman, M. A. (2018, May 31). Objectives of Adult Education in Agriculture [Blog Post]. Retrieved from http://aridagriculture.com/2018/05/31/objectives-of-adult-education-in-agriculture/ [/box]
Picture Source: http://blogs.edf.org/climatetalks/author/kritee/